Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall 2009

Hello everyone!

I’ve taken some time to put a little Ephameron news together for you, so here goes - take a deep breath and...

If you’re in the Antwerp area, come on by Mekanik Strip tomorrow, Saturday October 2 from 14-18h where I’ll be signing my books Found+Lost and Love/Pain. Or if you’re around Eindhoven for the Dutch Design Week, make sure to check out Paper Zoo, an exhibition by 5 young artists at MU that I contributed to with a giant silkscreened cardboard installation - it’s running until Sunday, October 25. There’s some pretty impressive stuff, so go visit...

24/10: book signing at Mekanik / until 25/10: group show in Eindhoven

Summer’s over and it has been mighty busy, putting together my first Brussels solo show at Alice Gallery, organizing the sixth Art Trek event at Mekanik Strip in Antwerp, travelling to Saint Louis to work on a publication with Dubble Dutch Editions and then off to Chicago for my exhibition at the Believe Inn - making friends for life, collaborating with and meeting new people, which was the best ever... Pictures will be online soon so check back in the Ephacation folder on my website!

So now it’s back to school, and this time I’m taking it literal again: I’ve started teaching at my old art college and am super stoked about it... And talking about life changes, I also got married this month, so from now on you can call me Mrs Chivers, hoorray :)

I should also make some publicity for a few Ephameron products that came out this year. I’ve worked with Buzzworks to create this special necklace pendant (35mm high), inspired by the Arabic hamsa. It sits in a nicely designed box and is yours for only 9 euros! Next to that, my publisher Bries also launched a 12x17cm, 2 colour silkscreen print that comes with the purchase of my last book, Found+Lost, for only 3euros extra... Or if you’d like to buy it seperately, a mere 5 euros will do. It’s a limited edition, so don’t hesitate!

Buzzworks jewellery, € 9 / Bries silkscreen print, € 5 or € 3

As for the future, you can expect a classy group show at Galerie van der Mieden in Antwerp opening up on December 3, a second year of collaborations with Kim Troubleyn at culture centre De Kern in Wilrijk, a mural for Subwalk’s 2nd birthday party on November 13 in Arnhem, my installation Secrets popping up in shopping mall Den Tir in Hoboken, thanks to culture centre Nova, from November 12 on, and last but not least from November 27 a group show in Lille organized by 100Pression. With many more projects to follow...

And if you don't know them yet, definitely check out artist collective No New Enemies which I'm proudly part of. NNE is a non-profit network that supports emerging artists and organizes projects all over the world...

Until next time!